Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Here are some main assumptions and thoughts that I have processed about the two main questions given in my Junior Cornerstone course; “Who is writing the script of my life?” and 
“Who’s to say what’s right?”. Ever since junior year of high school, I have been asked the question in which I saw a particular emphasis on the personal pronouns, “What are YOU going to to do with YOUR life?” or “What are YOUR next steps in YOUR future?”. Over the years, I have found that a lot of what I want to do with MY life depends on a lot of choices that I make. The popular phrase “You make your own luck” has been somewhat engrained in my head. Yet, I have a contradictory belief because after living a little more on this earth, I have also found that it isn’t all about what I decide. The question, “Who is writing the script of my life?”, makes me think that there is something bigger other than myself that’s orchestrating events and creating situations that help guide me toward the place I need to end up. That something that I make mention of is my Creator. So, I would say that whenever I hear the question, “Who is writing the script of my life?”, my starting point to answering this question would be that God is writing the script of my life because His plans most certainly work out better than mine. The sticky question that creates heavy debate in our world today, “Who’s to say what’s right?” makes me automatically think to return to any biblical truths that I have learned throughout my life. I think a good place to start would be the Ten Commandments and then go from there. The Ten Commandments can be looked at as “rules” or “life guidelines”. One way to look at it is that they are a good moral compass to go by throughout life. In Matt. 22:37-39, Jesus talks about what the greatest commandment in the bible is. He says, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you think about it, these are the Ten Commandments in a nutshell. It takes true love for God to really follow him and listen to what he says about what is “right” and what is “wrong”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment