Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Assumptions


“Who is writing the script of my life?” My starting place on this question is that God has a plan; although I do believe that we make our choices and we have free will. I have been taught from a very young age to believe in the Lord with all of my heart. With age I have learned to appreciate the peaceful comfort that comes along with giving all situations to God. When I start with that I can deal with whatever comes my way. In my past experiences, when I have deterred from my beliefs and done things my own way, it doesn’t end up well for me. When I pray and ask for guidance, I then go with my instincts on what feels like the best decision at the time. “Who’s to say what is right?” My starting place on this question is that everyone has a different definition of “right.” Who’s to say that everyone isn’t right? The way I see it is that every one of us is on our own personal journey; going in directions that others may not ever be able to comprehend or understand. I have felt a tremendous amount of peace in my life by simply coming to the realization that I am not ever going to understand everything. I am fine with that. I have decided to embrace life’s mysteries rather than be afraid of them. Maybe everyone is right in some way or another. Maybe everyone has a piece of the puzzle that would make it whole. Maybe everyone is right. I only know my own heart; but cannot fault anyone for having a different "right" than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment