Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Path


When I reflect on the impact of discovering the meaning of free will and determinism in my own life, I find myself feeling incredibly blessed because as of right now, I have a clear direction of where I’m going in life. I feel blessed by this because I’m the kind of person who likes to have a plan. I am the person who uses a written planner instead of my iphone. I even color coordinate my day so I know the importance of assignments to get accomplished. Therefore, I have security in knowing ever since 10th grade of high school, that I want to go after a profession in nursing. Nursing has been on my heart and mind for a long time, and the passion to get through the hard classes has kept me going even through difficult times. I truly believe the reason why I have kept up with this major is because God has put it on my heart. He’s graciously given me the strength as well as the resources to go to an amazing college such as Belmont with a stellar nursing program. God has placed me strategically in a family that supports my idea of becoming a nurse as well as placed me in a financially stable home that can help send me to college. I think that these events that I had no control over has to do a lot with the topic of determinism. On the other hand, I was given a choice to choose nursing as a major when I initially came to college. I wasn’t forced by God or anyone to choose the path I’m on. I was just given the opportunity, and I took it. The path was only made possible and probable by the circumstances that God helped orchestrate. For instance, if I was born half way around the world in a rural area that only allowed young girls to farm instead of go to college, then my chances of becoming a nurse would have been dimmed to say the least. The reflection of my life and where I have been placed on this earth as well as the circumstances that give me the choice to choose my path, have really given me a sense of incredible awe and thankfulness. It’s crazy how the passage of life takes a person, and I’m so excited that it’s only just the beginning for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment