Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So What?


Traci Marie
November 20, 2013

                                                            So What?

            The way that I understand and make my decisions is first based on Virtue Ethics. I believe that my behavior should reflect the habits of my character. I am most concerned with the good moral character that I can demonstrate in situations. The phrase used in the Moonstruck reference, “I know who I am” best describes me when I am making daily decisions. I try my best to stick with this point of reference in making daily decisions. There are times in life situations where I still reference my moral compass but feel the need to consider the end results of the action and how it best suits all people involved. This would be an example of how I would use the theory of Consequentialist Ethics. I would most agree with the Utilitarianism point of view that an act is morally right if the total good of the action is more favorable than unfavorable to everyone involved; bringing the greatest good to the greatest number of people. I cannot say what is right for one situation will always be right for every situation or every person. I believe that we all deal with life in our own way and that no one way is necessarily correct or better than the other. My own personal belief is that we do the best we can in the current situation that is presented to us; that is what I do anyway. I walk by faith and go with instinct on what is the best solution at the time to the situation at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment